What to ask your Realtor…
The Process of selling your home…
As you well know the process of selling and purchasing a new home is a STRESSFUL experience, I understand that marketing and selling a unique home like yours requires specific steps that are necessary to position your home in the best light to sell and maximize your ROI (return on investment) on your home. Here is the best way I know how…
- MORE SHOWINGS MEAN BIGGER PROFITS – It is a simple fact. Bluntly stated, we want buyers making emotional-decisions, not logical decisions. The more traffic we can generate, meaning more showings, the higher the likelihood of finding that person who doesn’t just like your home, but LOVES it. her the likelihood of finding that person who doesn’t just like your home, but LOVES it. This is why it’s important your home tells a story. And captivates potential buyers before they arrive in person. This is the secret to more showings and higher profits. Here’s how we do that: Since 92% of homebuyers begin their search online for a new home—photos—what people see about your home—can make or break your success.
- MODEL HOMES GENERATE HIGHER PROFITS – it is a well-known fact. Once buyers can visualize themselves in a home, can see how the layout will work for their family, can feel the openness and love; you have lowered their resistance to making an offer and have vastly increased the likelihood of getting a strong offer. When buyers can openly see a house, as their house, not one that is lived in by another family then the buyer start—as we want them to – start will be making an emotional decision, not a logical one, and an emotional decision always bring higher profits. This is why, and you may not know this, why builders spend so much time studying the science of staging homes….correctly. Trust me, little things like this matter.
- MORE EYEBALLS MEAN MORE SHOWINGS– This isn’t brain surgery. If we can increase the number of “eyeballs” that see your home by ten-percent something we’ve discovered through our research, there’s a 90% chance we’ll find the highest paying buyer for your property. Herein lies the challenge, then, right? How do we get that EXTRA ten-percent? Every agent you will speak to, maybe you’ve already spoken to a couple, will claim to be an “Internet Marketing” Expert. They will tell you they put client’s homes on ’30 different websites’… then they will list out the sites, Trulia, Realtor, Zillow…. They will then tell you, “Nobody gets more exposure for you home than our marketing plan will get you”. And, on the surface, this sounds good, right? 30 websites. Any agent you choose, upon entering your home in the MLS: Multiple Listing Service, the details of your home are automatically syndicated to all those different sites—due to syndication contracts those websites have with different MLS associations. Getting more “eyeballs” on your home –that EXTRA ten-percent then—isn’t a matter of you being lied to about some agent’s “Internet Marketing Mastery” and “Massive Home Exposure” plan…that will get you nowhere.
- It boils down to just two things: First, Creating a Buzz, and urgency for your home. The more activity we generate, the quicker we can generate offers on your home. We immediately blast your homes information and professional photos to the websites that have the most buyer views. Once in front of a captive audience, the crème of the crop, so to speak, will raise their hands and identify themselves as purchasers. Second, how is your home positioned once it is syndicated to those 30 different websites. It boils down to, how effectively “the story” of your home is actually told to those prospective homebuyers.
- THE WOW FACTOR ELIMINATES OBJECTIONS– this is common sense. Have you ever been to a 4-Star hotel, you walk in and you can see your reflection in the tile floor, you go to the bathroom and the toilet paper is folded to look like a duck, and the bed is made so it takes you 15 minutes just to get in bed, and there is not a crumb on the floor or a piece of dust on the furniture? Why do they do this??? Because first impressions are everything and you expect that a 4-Star hotel will be spotless and in meticulous condition. That is why we have your home professionally cleaned.
- ELIMINATE ALL NEGOTIATIONS AND LOW-BALL OFFERS – What buyers are looking for when they do a home inspection is additional items to negotiate for a reduction in price or money out of a sellers profit to remedy these “inspection” issues. Doing a pre-listing home inspection is flipping the normal process, typically buyers and sellers agree on a price, then do an inspection. We do our inspection before ever listing your home, this inspection lets you know of potential issues that might arise and give you an opportunity to resolve these issues before buyers even view your home. But by doing a pre-listing inspection the seller (you) is made aware of any potential issues that might arise during the process that could jeopardize the sale and cost you THOUSANDS of dollars in repairs down the line.
- LESS ISSUES EQUALS GREATER PROFITS with a home warranty. What the true value of a warranty provides is that it puts the power of negotiations in your (sellers) court. A home warranty while listing a home is considered peace of mind for both you and the purchaser. A Warranty typically covers, appliances, heating/cooling, electrical, plumbing issues that arise during normal use. The Warranty is an added feature that can save you money should something break while we have your home listed, BUT the added benefit is that you are providing coverage for the purchaser for 13 months.
- IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK TO REACT TO THE MARKET– means your home is best positioned to sell. We hire a company called ShowingTime (a showing service) that will take care of setting up showings with potential buyers and their agents and then follows up via email or phone to get feedback on what the buyers and agents thought of your property. What this does is it documents and tracks the amount of activity and showings that we receive on your property and since they are giving the feedback through a 3rd party, they can be more honest and open on exactly how they view your home, features, price, etc.
For More Information On The Proper Way To Stage Your Home For The Best Return On Your Investment Listen To My Interview With Theresa Lobraco On The Profitable Outcome Podcast.